The Irish World Academy Choir is an all-female ensemble consisting of students and graduates of the BA in Voice and Dance (BAVAD) at the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance in the University of Limerick. The choir’s artistic director is Óscar Mascareñas, founding course director of BAVAD and full time faculty at the Irish World Academy. For the 1000 Voices for Peace festival, the choir will be presenting a programme centred on the concept of chaos, and how this exists in the tension between the themes of joy and affliction. The choir’s repertoire is varied and includes music from the Middle Ages, particularly represented by Gregorian chant and the works of Hildegard von Bingen; sacred music compositions by Holst, Brahms and Poulenc; as well as contemporary renditions of traditional and popular music from Ireland and Latin America.
- Language: English & Irish
- Place: Limerick, Ireland
- Choir: Irish World Academy of Music and Dance choir (Ireland), Ghent University Choir (Ghent)
- Concert: 1000 Voices for Peace: fellowship concert at Ghent (Auditorium)
- Date and time: 2014-11-06 20u00
- Location: Aula UGent, Voldersstraat 9, 9000 Gent